Monday, November 3, 2008

I finally have a picture for the holes I put in the parts on Thursday evening. I also spent an hour last night watching Simpsons (heh, I think there is a pattern) and cutting out the parts on the right for the nose. I have a couple more parts for the nose I can cut out before I have to have new material. That'll come later tonight perhaps.

The lower triangle pieces look like swiss cheese with all those holes in them!

This is a lot of fun building something out of aluminum. I admit it's really slow without power tools, but that's part of the fun I suppose. If I had my magic way, I think I'd have a metal bandsaw and a belt sander. A drill press would be nice too, but I think the band saw probably wins. I have a drill press I can borrow as needed already :-)

I haven't counted how many parts are needed for the nose, but it's on the order of two dozen. Guess I have some more nights filing aluminium in my future.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page