Thursday, February 19, 2009

Brackets and that's about it


Progress is slow now that weather is better and I have school/work to do. I still have about 8 linear feet of sheet stock to cut, so expect more of this kind of update.

Just cutting parts ... mostly doing ones for the cabane area because I hope to do the cabanes next as a set. I still have a lot to touch up on the fuselage, don't get me wrong. But if I'm going to order material, I might as well be prepped for two duties at once and only have to pay once for shipping.

For the fuselage, I'm thinking of re-doing the lower tube with more effort on getting a bend with no kinks. Also on the list is to redo a few of the truss members that the holes are wallowed out or slightly off center. Most of the structure beneath the pilot looks to be non-structural in the sense that they do not carry flight loads. There are a few obvious exceptions, and that's why those pieces receive more attention. At any rate, will be fun to clean up some of the messier areas and take stuff back apart.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page