Monday, November 9, 2009

Christmas order

If anyone is still reading, I just put in an order for the aft fuselage (tailboom?) section as an impulse. I had the order prepped sometime over the summer, just didn't have the guts to hit the "order" button. Despite having two other active RC airplane projects going on and the school semester wrapping up, I figure having the raw material makes getting back working on Goat more accessible when I finally get the time again. Yay!

In particular, I'll be receiving material for the vertical tail triangle and lower boom support such that I can join the tail feathers to the fuselage. I'll have material for the anti-twist bracing, as well as picking up several spare parts to finish off specific areas of the nose section. A bucket of rivets will let me finalize the cabanes too. I suppose I probably could have done work on the tail ribs, but aluminum work is more satisfying to me right now.

'least I got this out of the way before Christmas hits and I feel that pinch!

PS: I just found a plastic part company that has free samples ... so we'll see if I can get the end caps on sample!

2 comments:

Bret Hess said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date. I put a link to this blog on the newly created http://airchairbuild.wikidot.com/ to help current and future builders.

Bret

burnt said...

Thanks Bret for the posting me on the airchair wiki! I finally added links to this blog and you're definitely included. Thanks for your interest!

Locations of visitors to this page