Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Two rudder pedals installed

I had a pair of pair of pieces (4 total) to attach the first rudder pedal. Tonight I whipped up 4 more to attach the second rudder pedal. Now both of my pedals are riveted to their hinge pieces and are mounted on the eye bolts. Cool. Now I need to make the long 9" u-shaped piece that makes a place to capture my shoes and attach the control lines too. All in good time...

Here is an image of putting the hinge supports on. The holes are match drilled by using a cleako and a clamp after the first one and then replacing the clamp with another cleako. This way I'm assured that the holes are all aligned when I install rivets.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Dan.

I take a peek at your work every now and then. Keep up the good work! Regards, Pieter, fellow G4-flyer.

burnt said...

Hello Pieter,

It's nice to meet a real-live Goat pilot! Perhaps you wouldn't mind sharing some of your secrets of things you changed or things you like/dislike? I'm eager to get back building and a list from you would definitely put me back in the mood for closing the books and picking up tools.

Dan

Locations of visitors to this page