Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fwd struts cut to length

Sorry no pictures, but the front struts are now cut to length.  After several hours of setup in the back yard, I was pretty sure everything was as aligned as I could get it and so I cut 6" off each of the forward struts.  Aligning to get a good set of through holes, drilled just the outer of the pair.  Now I can put the front struts on without needing the kingpost.  Honestly, there may be a little forward sweep built in and I'm not immediately sure how to get rid of that.  I aimed for 1.5deg of dihedral angle; Goat 4 lists 1deg, but that didn't look like any; Goat 3 lists 3deg, which looked like a lot, so I picked 1.5deg.  Yeah real scientific.  Pretty sure everything is going to shift as these strut attach points firm up.

May get to the aft struts tomorrow.  Excited to get rid of the kingpost and most of the cables.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan, keep it going. I've almost caught up to you. Let's try and get our goats done before the end of the summer for some nice fall flying.

Brady
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Airchairgroup/photos/album/1451022309/pic/list

Locations of visitors to this page