Friday, December 12, 2008

Merry Cabane!

After a slight hiatus, I am back slowly making progress. This time it's four cabane plate pieces. I haven't taken the time to drill holes yet because I want to match drill all of them so I'm going to wait until tomorrow when I'm not so tired.

It's almost time for another metal order. Methinks I can get just a bunch of hardware and bar/angle stock to make brackets for this order and get a massive tube order sometime early in the spring so I am careful with the time input. Slow and steady wins the race. I think I blitzed through the nose a bit too quickly. I need to step back and do some careful maintenance on the parts to remove any nicks or rough edges. Also need to replace a couple u-brackets that likely are under some stress. I also can add spacers inside tubes that would otherwise be getting crushed (that seat tube comes to mind).

Bed time...

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page