Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Marine hardware: check

I placed an order with Berkley Point for some hardware ... in fact for pretty much all the marine hardware. A good price break on 25 quick-links made that an easy choice and saved hundreds compared to West Marine. The steel rings are pretty cool and the snap hooks are quite pretty. I dropped in six quick links in the nose section alone. Next for some more cleanup of the nose section, including a new keel and a new structural carry-through since the last one actually wasn't drilled orthogonal as the G4N1 drawing suggests.

2 comments:

Scott T said...

I'm enjoying reading your blog. I'm redoing an old powered ultralight (a "Honcho", from way back in the day). It has great wings, but a poorly laid-out fuselage - I just don't fit. So I have redesigned the whole thing, and am in the process of assembling my frankenplane. Seeing somebody else worry the details makes me feel a little bit less "odd". Thanks for the blog.

burnt said...

Hi Scott,

Frankenplanes are awesome :-) It says so much that every part has some purpose that you can explain and who cares if it doesn't look the sleekest or most expensive. I'm sure you're proud of your progress. After all, you're literally the only person in the world who will have that version! You have a name for it? I vote for "Franken-honcho"!

Dan

Locations of visitors to this page