Saturday, February 6, 2010

An igloo?

Goat is waiting in line behind some RC projects right now ... and then it snowed ~20" today, so we made an igloo in the front yard. Oh yeah :-)

It's big enough inside that I can crouch on my feet and we can get two adults inside. I'm seriously debating sleeping inside just to be EXTREME! Actually, if I kept dry, I'm sure it would be fairly comfortable inside. While digging it out, you could see steam leaving the entrance from body heat melting the snow. Despite being soaking wet from working several hours on it, the temperature change (or at least getting rid of wind chill) is noticeable. Ah, the insulating power of water!

If I had to do it again, I would buy a snow shovel first.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, recently found this, i want to build one of these in the future, when im old enough too.

Im guessing you are a hing glider as well?

burnt said...

I actually have never been hang gliding. I fly a lot of RC models and have recently been making larger & larger ones (14ft is a big model for most). Twice I have been up for glider rides and had a blast, so this is my way to get involved!

Don't worry too much about your age. It'll take at minimum a year to do this right (I'm going on 1.5 years already), so once you have some space and money, the pieces will line up for you :-)

Locations of visitors to this page