Sunday, January 1, 2012

Wing order is in!

I finally hit submit on the wing material order!  Should be here in a week or two.  Holy muffins, it's going to be a big pile of tubes...

I am going with similar mods described by the Yando Goat builder: G3 wing struts & attachments, G4 fuselage/tail/cabanes, up one size on the spar and flying strut tubes (0.049 spars, 0.058 struts), and fingers crossed I can keep it all under 155lb :-)

I'm still not 100% sold on the simple flat-bottomed airfoil compared to something spiffy like the G3's attempt at an FX63-120.  But you know what, I have the power to run the numbers and I just haven't done it yet.  Regardless, I'm keeping the wing area of G4.

I do feel better about the structure after seeing someone else doing load testing.  I don't have more details right now ... reprinted from here:

  

Posts may become more regular as I actually have material (and more financial incentive) to continue on.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page