Sunday, July 17, 2016

Reinforcement patch time

Thought I'd post a picture of the reinforcing patch around the rudder control horn.  Went smoother than I thought by brushing a layer of adhesive and placing a pre-cut patch into the wet adhesive using the ends of the brush.  Then, I brushed more adhesive on top and immediately wiped off the excess.  Repeat all over the patch and give the weird overlaps extra attention, and use a little heat to help tack where needed, and viola!  I do have a couple of wrinkles around the perimeter that I can do better to remove next time.  For a first time using this covering system, I think this is pretty successful.


And that completes the covering (as far as I can tell) of the rudder.  Here is a picture of it mounted to the vertical tail structure.  It's certainly a different look not being able to see through the structure.  I suspect that covering will turn this Goat from a collection of tubes to a real airplane :-)

I'm thinking of a painting scheme similar to the "Irish Mountain Goat" of white and lime green leading edge trim:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Dan,

I just saw that amazon has 5 gal of 30NF with prime shipping for $74, which is crazy!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F7EB0H0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It takes them a mont or two to ship it though ... But 80% discount makes worth the wait.

-sven

Locations of visitors to this page