Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July order

Okay, I bit the bullet and ordered all the remaining hardware for the wing & miscellaneous areas. It's a hodge-podge of bolts, some tubes that Dillburg didn't carry, and a seat-belt in there for good measure. On the seat belt, I'm going with a Style 2A and think I'll use the steel end-plates and 5/16" bolts through the frame instead of simply using rope. I'm pretty sure all the other tubes would be bent before the tied version of the seat belt broke, but I feel more secure with a massive bolt.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are certified aircraft belts, but I think they were intended for inside use. I had a set of these belts but decided they were too easy to accidentally open in the air, so I now use a push button automotive belt which has worked out very well....MS

Alan said...

I'll second Mike's view. Had a similar buckle on a nanolight soaring trike that accidently opened after I knocked it while moving the control bar around in rough air. After that incident I used a neoprene sheath that I would slide over the buckle once done up. But I can see merit in Mike's push button type.
I also now wear a rock climbing harness that independantly connects to the chute as a backup in case the frame fails under deployment. http://www.petzl.com/en/outdoor/full-body-harnesses/8003
...Alan

Locations of visitors to this page