Monday, July 19, 2010

Stuck in the elevator?

No longer stuck! And now there are two aluminum supports instead of just one. I'm feeling rather happy with this arrangement, given how stiff the right elevator half now feels compared to the actuated left side. It's a small change, but makes me feel better. Watching the video of Floyd flying at Torey, I realize that the elevator really is going to hit its end stops and need all the help it can get.

I also settled in to the idea of bolting the seat belt to the frame, so I finally drilled the holes and slipped in the massive 5/16" thru bolt. A quick whip with the deburring tool and both belts are mounted! I also put in some seat time and figure the 2A style buckle should be enough for the first few hops. I shall revisit this as necessary.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page