Monday, October 12, 2015

Aileron mechanism rework

I must say thank you to Alan of the Yando Goat for his plans updates (posted on the airchair yahoo group).  His additional two small parts to the wing make the aileron actuation look possible.  I knocked out the two parts within about an hour of waking up and had them installed a few minutes later.  The control line passes over the rib nicely.  Awesome.

The control rod looks like it can clear the strut attachment now.  However, the control horn is in the wrong spot by a few inches, but I see Alan moved its location over slightly to compensate.  Wish I had found all this before putting holes in the LONG aileron leading edge tube; think I can put a bolt in each of the old holes and it is safe.

Before you say anything, I am going to replace the washer holding the quick link in place with a larger one that fits better.  And I obviously still have to switch the masking tape for fiberglass and epoxy to hold the aileron slide tube guides in place.

Thanks to Yando Goat!  Now go watch one of his awesome videos for encouragement:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAw93maL1tg

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page