Saturday, October 3, 2015

Rainy day wing work

Apparently I don't like hot weather for building.  On the other hand, a nor'easter make great building weather in the garage!

Spent a few nights this weekend bending ribs.  Finally have enough for one wing half, so they're now taped on to see what it looks like.  I'm much more accustomed to building model airplanes, so it's wild to build ribs at this size.

The root rib is installed and is getting its braces temporarily installed. 

Before the ribs go on, I need to build the ailerons and flaps.  Since I stretched the wing a dozen inches, the hinge locations will be moved slightly, and I have to stare at it a bit before committing.
The third dimension on the wing really changes how it looks.  I grabbed some peelply from the basement to make a mental image of what it might look like covered.  Cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you back at it!

Locations of visitors to this page