Monday, April 18, 2016

Miscellanous

Looked up emergency parachutes.  Found the Lara series at Wills Wing.  The "max pilot weight" appears to be the total weight hanging from the chute.  At ~175lb plus equipment and a 154lb Goat, that puts me outside the 250lb and to the 400lb class of Lara parachute.  20ft diameter and ~8lb for the "gold" series with a ~$1250 price tag.  https://www.willswing.com/lara/

Figured out why I bought new cabane tubes.  In shortening the aft cabane tubes, that put the new bolt hole squarely between two old rivet holes.  Yup, definitely going to replace these now.


I put in the order for the random few bolts that I'm missing.  At the same time, I took a closer look at the Aircraft Spruce seat.  It looks too wide and really short for fitting Goat.  Anybody have any great ideas or sources for seats?

The Berkeley Point Hardware site I used for the stainless steel quick links has a $30 minimum order and a $10 minimum shipping fee.  That's an awful lot for just two quick links.  Looking for an alternate vendor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan, I've been looking at go-kart seats. Used ones can be had at reasonable prices.

Jeff

burnt said...

Thanks for the idea Jeff. I found a $25 seat (shipping is almost twice that) from here: http://www.bmikarts.com/Go-Kart-Bucket-Seat-Off-Returned-Kart_p_2330.html If it's too heavy or flimsy to mount directly, my plan is to modify the seat with a saw and bondo, and pull a mold off of it. If that is the case and it's not a crazy amount of work, perhaps I could make a second for you...
Dan

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Dan! I'm very interested in how this turns out for you. I've already gotten a lot of help from reading your blog! It looks like the seat was two layers and you cut it apart?

Jeff

Locations of visitors to this page