Wednesday, June 8, 2016

I waited until Thursday to pull the seat, yeaaaah

The seat has been curing on the mold since Sunday evening.  Tonight, it was time to come off.    Patience is a virtue I do not always possess.  But it's likely Thursday before you get a chance to read this anyway, so I waited long enough as far as you know ;-)



After removal of the consumables (breather and perf), I ran a screwdriver around the edge and got a good release locally between the seat and the mold.  It took extra long popsicle sticks and compressed air to start making a reach toward the center.  I might have whacked at the chair with the rubberized end of a screwdriver to help the release too; definitely can hear a change in the tone from a pop to more of a thud when the release happens.  After maybe ten minutes, the sound everyone who has molded knows well: pwoosh as the part releases and gets a rush of air as the surfaces separate for the first time.




Verdict: it's awesome.  Lighter than the plastic, way stiffer than the plastic, and the new features worked out super well.  It appears to fit on the Goat nose frame just dandy, and the relief for the control stick is plenty large for full range of stick motion.  The stick hits my legs well before it hits the seat. I need to get it to a scale I trust before posting weight numbers.  It'll just get lighter when I make holes for the side and should belts.

Enjoy some more pictures!




No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page